Sotheby’s Newton, MA. Top Newton Realtor, Newton, MA. Real Estate
We hope you had a nice holiday season and a Happy New Year! Today we released the December and year-end 2012 pending home sales report for single-family homes and condominiums in Massachusetts. For the 20th straight month, homes put under agreement were up over the same month last year. For the complete year, the total number of homes put under agreement in 2012 significantly topped the number of homes put under agreement in 2011.
On a month-to-month basis, pending sales were down from November.
Link to release: December/year-end 2012 Pending Sales
Here are the highlights:
- Single-family pending home sales were up 15.6% compared to December 2011
- Single-family month-to-month pending home sales were down 21% from November 2012
- Condo pending home sales were up 5.6% compared to December 2011
- Condo pending month-to-month home sales were down 14% from October 2012
- 2012 Single-family pending home sales were up 25% compared to 2011 (38,502 homes in 2011 vs. 48,064 homes in 2012)
- 2012 Condomimium pending home sales were up 26% compared to 2011 (14,893 homes in 2011 vs. 18,706 homes in 2012)